Patient Access Supervisor
Pay Range: Min: $24.11 Max: $44.78. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience. Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location).
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available!
Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location).
- Directs and coordinates the daily activities of the Patient Access staff.
- Manages staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage and provides training on an initial and ongoing basis.
- Ensures admission processes are completed in a timely and efficient manner, and customers are provided with a professional, caring level of service.
- Acts as liaison between internal and external parties to maintain a consistent, streamlined process to obtain required paperwork prior to service.
- Demonstrates the ability to thoroughly explain forms regarding conditions of admission, patient rights and responsibilities, advanced directives, privacy practices and other facility policies as required.
- Possesses high knowledge of the billing process and managed care contracts in order to explain patients’ benefits.
- Assists in resolving patient questions or concerns that require a higher-level response in a prompt and informative manner.
- Engages in inter-departmental communication to confirm the accuracy of the completion of registrations. Follows up with staff on a timely basis on findings and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Assists with admitting patients for outpatient surgical and minor procedures.
- Tracks patient satisfaction scores related to the registration function and reports those scores to employees and managers on a monthly basis. Makes recommendations and implements changes to increase satisfaction scores as appropriate.
- Assists with the development of department goals and objectives and implements policies and procedures for department operations.
- Assists the Director of Business Operations to identify, recommend and implement Patient Access technology solutions to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Must be able to manage the operational flow of a medical setting and demonstrate critical decision-making to successfully meet operational goals.
- Two years of health care experience in a patient access environment required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.