Patient Access Representative
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Collects and verifies all relevant demographic and insurance information for patient at time of contact. Follows up with patients and clinicians in timely and personable manner should information be found to be incorrect/incomplete.
- Registers patients and performs all registration-related functions, including explaining and obtaining all necessary patient consents and authorizations in a complete and timely manner, and collecting financial paperwork (e.g., patient responsibility statement, etc.) and co-payment as required.
- Communicates effectively with patient to assist in access to care by: answering telephone and other incoming communications in a timely and customer-service oriented manner; replying to inquiries, patient needs for information, and other parties clearly and in a timely manner; and, if information is not readily available, follows up with inquiries to responsible party.
- Scans all patient documents into hospital information systems; Activates pre-registration or full registration in all pertinent hospital information systems; enters relevant orders in those systems as required.
- Obtains all relevant information from scheduling and pre-service process for scheduled patients, and obtains orders from physicians or patients for unscheduled, non-emergent patients.
- Performs on-going documentation audits for medical necessity, need for ABNs, current prescription, plan of care, and other related tasks or requirements by payors, including Medicare, using a variety of computer-based systems.
- Promotes and contributes positively to the teamwork of the department by assisting co-workers, contributing ideas and problem-solving with co-workers
- Assist with clinic setup and table turnover.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and certification requirements.
- Assists and is responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of clinical area. Keeps clinic organized and properly stocked per Par Form, which is updated by Patient Representative and Staff quarterly to ensure efficiency.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- On-the-job training is provided. Previous admitting or clerical experience preferred. Familiarity with medical terminology preferred. Prior customer service experience and training preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.