Patient Access Representative
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Pay Range: Min: $20 Max: $27.83. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
- Handles all patient access functions for registration and admits all scheduled breast imaging patients on a daily basis. Ensures all patient registration requirements are met and requests payment of financial responsibility from patient/guarantor.
- Routinely collects patient demographic and insurance information and correctly enters/updates all patient information within the EMR. Regularly posts collected monies from patients to the financial system.
- Prepares patient paperwork for all appointments and assists patients and their family members as needed during the check-in and check-out process.
- Provides assistance to the front office staff with the creation and management of patient lay letters, reminder letters, and recall letters per MQSA standards. Assists with the coordination of incoming and outgoing patient medical records and images as needed.
- Regularly interacts with patients and staff to effectively coordinate multiple breast imaging-specific patient appointments.
- Appropriately schedules all patient breast imaging appointments at the Edwards and Frisco locations and regularly interacts with clinical staff to resolve patient and/or scheduling issues.
- Triage multiple phone lines and ensure all patients are directed to the appropriate department. Resolves all non-clinical questions, within scope of knowledge, while providing excellent customer service on the phone and/or in person.
- Actively participates in process improvement initiatives for the department and provides administrative and clerical support as needed for oncology patients and staff.
- Handles inbound calls and referrals for all patients. Interviews all patients to obtain and document their breast health history for records collection prior to the patient’s scheduled appointment.
- Provides initial and on-going training to new and existing employees for all patient access functions. Acts as the primary contact for the Vail Health Patient Access department to ensure all patient registration requirements are met.
- Promote an atmosphere of warmth, compassion, and understanding while demonstrating empathy and the ability to relate to patients and their families. Seek first to understand and come from a place of “What if?”
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
- Experience in healthcare preferred. Previous admitting or clerical experience, and medical terminology are preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.