Patient Access Representative
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Pay Range: Min: $22 Max: $27.02. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
- Manage, direct and respond to incoming office correspondence as deemed appropriate, including mail, email, faxes, and telephone calls and forward queries to the appropriate staff.
- Manage Corporate Services’ numerous contract accounts: setting up, charging, payments, billing, adjustments, refunds, write-offs, errors, missing checks.
- Manage Corporate Services’ numerous clients: setting up accounts, explaining services & procedures, expanding services, answer questions, handle issues/complaints, etc.
- Assist the Employee Health Nurse with Employee Health issues: compliance, pre-employment screening, data input into OHM, Workers
Compensation injuries, etc.
- Establish files, maintains information, and scans documentation in a timely and organized manner.
- Oversee the department’s database, OHM: reports, data input, expanding usage (ex: online questionnaires), adding new users –inactivating terminated users, working w/ OHM’s tech support, etc.
- Work with various departments on assorted Employee Health, Work Compensation & Corporate Services issues: training, charges, supplies, billing, compliance, contract workers, issues/complaints, etc.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees.
- Attend and provide feedback for departmental staff meetings.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Two years of customer service and clerical experience.
- One year of accounting experience.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.