Outpatient Postdoctoral Fellowship
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Outpatient Postdoctoral Fellowship will focus on the provision of outpatient services to the Summit and Eagle County Community. Although the focus will be provision of outpatient behavioral health services, this fellowship will have the opportunity to specialize in a specific, pre-approved area of interest. Currently, EVBH offers specialization in child/adolescent services, neuropsychological assessment, or performance optimization. Fellows are expected to provide up to 32 direct-clinical hours per week, as developmentally appropriate, 8 of those clinical hours can be in the area of specialization. The additional hours of the work week will consist of training, supervision, provision of supervision, documentation, team meetings, and other duties as assigned.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will provide direct, intensive clinical services across various population and clinic settings. Services will include individual, group, and family-based therapeutic services focusing on interdisciplinary treatment of complex behavioral health disorders. The Fellow will also be responsible for co-facilitating at least 2 Intensive Outpatient (IOP) cohorts during their training year.
This position is a year contract; it is a full-time, 5 day a week position. Temporary housing is available!
**Specialty rotations are finalized upon extension of offer for the position and pending approval of the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health.
- Under the supervision of the Student Training Coordinator and Outpatient Behavioral Health Director, the Postdoctoral Fellow provides general outpatient behavioral health services, with a specialty emphasis on a designated area of clinical specialty or concentration. Services will include individual, group, and family-based therapeutic services focusing on interdisciplinary treatment of complex behavioral health disorders. This includes maintaining a caseload of a set number of billable clinical hours per week for both outpatient and specialty services.
- As needed or directed, this position develops clinical programming and/or curriculum specific to a clinical specialty and ensures all service delivery is aligned with all state, local, federal, and regulatory requirements.
- This position will maintain a complete caseload that is based on community need, patient population need, and services will be delivered across all Outpatient Clinics.
- In collaboration with the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health, the Fellow ensures appropriate data collection, data monitoring, and data analysis systems are engaged and implemented across all clinical service areas
- Works closely with behavioral health leadership to ensure all services provided across the system are evidence-based and culturally responsive. Ensures services can be replicated in both clinical and community settings.
- This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all training, clinical, accreditation, legal, and regulatory standards while also ensuring alignment with local, state, federal regulatory and legal compliance.
- Participate in clinic staffings, biweekly clinical supervision, weekly Clinical Skills Labs, and bimonthly didactics
- Serves as a liaison for multidisciplinary collaborations within the community focused on the integration of physical wellness and behavioral health.
- Abide by all training requirements and supervisory guidance
- Collaborate and coordinate care with Vail Health Behavioral Health staff, medical providers, care coordinators, case managers, school counselors, and community partners to provide wrap around, comprehensive care to patients and their families
- Utilize trainings and reflective supervision to continue growth as a professional and maintain current education on best practices in behavioral health
- Maintain knowledge of best practice related to training as well as evolving requirements within the field
- Actively seek out state licensure upon completion of required hours
- Monitor chart compliance and maintain fidelity with all Community Mental Health Center standards
- Completion of APA accredited internship
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking, highly preferred
- Experience working in a medical setting, preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and written skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of health disparities, substance use and domestic violence issues associated with rural populations
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance