Operating Room Technician
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
This position is eligible for any ongoing Surgical Services staff bonuses.
A career at Vail Valley Surgery Center (VVSC) means joining a team of people who consider every small moment a chance to improve someone’s life. Vail Valley Surgery Center (VVSC) is a multi-specialty ambulatory center in the Eagle River Valley with locations in Vail & Edwards. What began as a joint venture between Vail Health and 25 physician investors has evolved into a leading-edge center of surgical excellence.
At Vail Valley Surgery Center, you will find specialized surgical care in many areas including orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Pain Management, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology (ENT), Plastic Surgery, Podiatry and General Surgery.
Our Vail VVSC location has 6 Operating Rooms and 25 Preop/PACU bays.
VVSC benefits include: Days Shift, No weekends/holidays or on call, Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision), Five weeks or more of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one, 5% retirement match, Childcare reimbursement ($1000 for one child, $2,000 for two or more children) and Tuition reimbursement for continuing education. Additionally, you will receive up to $1,000 bonus when you obtain a new certification and $500 when you recertify.
Scrub person functions with working knowledge of aseptic technique and AORN Standards.
Checks all items for proper packaging, processing, moisture, seal and packaging integrity, sterile indicator if present, and expiration dates.
Maintains sterile integrity of all items and fluids introduced onto the field.
Monitors sterile field for events that may contaminate field and corrective action initiated.
When moving within or around a sterile field does so in a manner to maintain the integrity of the sterile field.
Prior to use, all equipment is visually checked for fraying of cords and plugs or other damage.
When turning on machine, confirms self test pattern as necessary.
Anticipates need for equipment and supplies as evidenced by no delays in procedures.
Knows the order in use of material and supplies.
Reports changes in temperature of room to appropriate person.
Perceptive to patient’s sensory environment.
Monitors, evaluates and revised preference cards.
Contributes to the individualized, ongoing delivery of care with in the scope of practice.
Maintains flexibility and appropriate response to changes in priorities, established plans, goals or time frames.
Supports the decisions and actions of the Manager or Charge Nurse. Respects others.
Participates in departmental QI program including confidential occurrence reporting.
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Preferred, one year of Operating Room experience working as an OR technician in a hospital setting.
- Licensed in the state of Colorado as a Surgical Technician required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Certification from ASTI (Association of Surgical Technologists, Inc.) preferred.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.