Operating Room Technician
Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location).
- Scrub person functions with working knowledge of aseptic technique and AORN Standards.
- Checks all items for proper packaging, processing, moisture, seal and packaging integrity, sterile indicator if present, and expiration dates.
- Maintains sterile integrity of all items and fluids introduced onto the field.
- Monitors sterile field for events that may contaminate field and corrective action initiated.
- When moving within or around a sterile field does so in a manner to maintain the integrity of the sterile field.
- Prior to use, all equipment is visually checked for fraying of cords and plugs or other damage.
- When turning on machine, confirms self test pattern as necessary.
- Anticipates need for equipment and supplies as evidenced by no delays in procedures.
- Knows the order in use of material and supplies.
- Reports changes in temperature of room to appropriate person.
- Perceptive to patient’s sensory environment.
- Monitors, evaluates and revised preference cards.
- Contributes to the individualized, ongoing delivery of care with in the scope of practice.
- Maintains flexibility and appropriate response to changes in priorities, established plans, goals or time frames.
- Supports the decisions and actions of the Manager or Charge Nurse. Respects others.
- Participates in departmental QI program including confidential occurrence reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Preferred, one year of Operating Room experience working as an OR technician in a hospital setting.
- Licensed in the state of Colorado as a Surgical Technician required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Certification from ASTI (Association of Surgical Technologists, Inc.) preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.