Operating Room Technician
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Steadman Philippon Surgery Center is committed to offering the latest treatments in orthopaedic surgery, across all specialties. Our physicians provide sports medicine surgery and treatments, as well as surgery and procedures for all major joints and extremities. This includes knee, shoulder, hip, hand, wrist, elbow, foot, ankle, spine and neck.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus Available. This position is eligible for ongoing Surgical Services staff bonuses.
Employee housing (with stipend) available!
- Scrub person functions with working knowledge of aseptic technique and AORN Standards.
- Checks all items for proper packaging, processing, moisture, seal and packaging integrity, sterile indicator if present, and expiration dates.
- Maintains sterile integrity of all items and fluids introduced onto the field.
- Monitors sterile field for events that may contaminate field and corrective action initiated.
- When moving within or around a sterile field does so in a manner to maintain the integrity of the sterile field.
- Prior to use, all equipment is visually checked for fraying of cords and plugs or other damage.
- When turning on machine, confirms self test pattern as necessary.
- Anticipates need for equipment and supplies as evidenced by no delays in procedures.
- Knows the order in use of material and supplies.
- Reports changes in temperature of room to appropriate person.
- Perceptive to patient’s sensory environment.
- Monitors, evaluates and revised preference cards.
- Contributes to the individualized, ongoing delivery of care with in the scope of practice.
- Maintains flexibility and appropriate response to changes in priorities, established plans, goals or time frames.
- Supports the decisions and actions of the Manager or Charge Nurse. Respects others.
- Participates in departmental QI program including confidential occurrence reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Preferred, one year of Operating Room experience working as an OR technician in a hospital setting.
- Licensed in the state of Colorado as a Surgical Technician required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Certification from ASTI (Association of Surgical Technologists, Inc.) preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.