Operating Room Manager
- Clinical Operations
- Collaborates with staff and physicians to assure the delivery of quality patient care in areas of responsibility
- Offers clinical nursing expertise and supplements staffing as needed to assure safe care based on patient acuity and age specific criteria
- Facilitates the coordination of daily departmental operations through staff empowerment, cooperativeness, and effective communication
- Remains involved on a daily basis in all clinical areas
- Creates Policies and Procedures according to protocol and AORN Standards for areas of responsibility; reviews and revises Policies and Procedures annually and more often as indicated
- Assists with the scheduling of staff in order to insure safe nurse/patient levels while controlling costs. Manages Kronos timekeeping system for area of responsibility.
- Ensures timely, accurate completion of medical records
- Works with the scheduling coordinator and Director of Clinical Operations in scheduling of surgical and non-surgical cases
- Assesses patient, physician, and employee satisfaction results; assists with the formulation of targeted improvements
- Manages personnel in the areas of responsibility:
- Recruits and screens applicants for hire
- Orients new personnel
- Maintains employee records
- Validates continuing current required licensure and certification
- Performs regular written employee evaluations
- Motivates, counsels and disciplines employees as necessary
- Conducts regular staff meetings
- Promotes education activities in the Center
- Supports and participates in the quality management and risk management programs of the Center
- Actively identifies quality improvement opportunities in areas of responsibilities; implements targeted improvements and re-measures results
- Assures staff use of supplies is cost efficient
- Assists with ordering and obtaining supplies as indicated
- Works with the Purchasing Department to perform physical inventory counts
- Assists with the evaluation of physician and staff needs as related to supplies and equipment
- Assesses clinical financial results and identifies opportunities for improvement in conjunction with the VVSC management team
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Minimum five years nursing experience, preferably in surgery and/or post anesthesia recovery areas; two years management experience in an ambulatory surgery center setting strongly preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ALCS) required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree required for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.