Oncology Pharmacy Technician - Full Time
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Accurately and in a timely manner fill medication orders, replenish Pyxis MedStations. This involves ensuring proper storage and security. Empty return and waste bins according to policy.
- Accurately prepare IV admixtures or other sterile preparations as per policy.
- Take a leadership role in ordering drugs and supplies and with the receiving, storing, and rotating of stock to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Adhere to USP <797> and USP <800> logs, cleaning, testing, and preparation standards per policy.
- Follows Vail Health safety protocols in dealing with radiation, toxic chemicals, biological hazards, heat, noise, dust and stress.
- Monitor the routine inventory control of all controlled medications in the C-II safe complying with all regulatory and compliance agencies. Resolve Pyxis discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Answer phones and interact with callers. Respond to service requests by other departments in a respectful and timely manner.
- Maintain competencies by attending departmental training opportunities and completing assignments in computer-based learning programs.
- Enter patient charges and credits daily, and complete interdepartmental billing by the 5th of each month and submit to Accounting. Includes the submission of approved invoices for processing.
- Schedule technician personnel to cover required shifts monthly.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of Pharmacy Technician experience required.
- Two years of sterile compounding experience preferred.
- State of Colorado Pharmacy Technician Certification (PHAT) Required.
- Must be adept at typing and using various computer programs. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance