Oncology Pharmacy Technician
Pay Range: Min: $21.49 Max: $32.23. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Working under the direction of the on-site pharmacist, supports the pharmacist in the daily operations of the oncology pharmacy, including checking the patient schedule to prepare for needed therapies, compounding sterile preparations, ordering, receiving, and restocking supplies, entering medication charges and credits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately and in a timely manner fill medication orders, replenish Pyxis MedStations. This involves ensuring proper storage and security. Empty return and waste bins according to policy.
- Accurately prepare IV admixtures or other sterile preparations as per policy.
- Take a leadership role in ordering drugs and supplies and with the receiving, storing, and rotating of stock to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Adhere to USP <797> and USP <800> logs, cleaning, testing, and preparation standards per policy.
- Follows Vail Health safety protocols in dealing with radiation, toxic chemicals, biological hazards, heat, noise, dust and stress.
- Monitor the routine inventory control of all controlled medications in the C-II safe complying with all regulatory and compliance agencies. Resolve Pyxis discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Answer phones and interact with callers. Respond to service requests by other departments in a respectful and timely manner.
- Maintain competencies by attending departmental training opportunities and completing assignments in computer-based learning programs.
- Enter patient charges and credits daily, and complete interdepartmental billing by the 5th of each month and submit to Accounting. Includes the submission of approved invoices for processing.
- Schedule technician personnel to cover required shifts monthly.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of Pharmacy Technician experience required.
- Two years of sterile compounding experience preferred.
- State of Colorado Pharmacy Technician Certification (PHAT) Required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must be adept at typing and using various computer programs. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.