Oncology Infusion RN - Part Time
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Relocation and housing assistance available!
Shaw Cancer Center provides high-quality, compassionate cancer care that's close to home. Our highly trained cancer specialists utilize the most advanced technology, along with the healing powers of nature, compassion, fitness and nutrition to treat a variety of cancers, including breast cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer. With an innovative, holistic approach, cancer patients are empowered to become cancer survivors.
As an infusion RN you will work with our patients providing Administers chemotherapy, biotherapy, blood products, injectables, supportive care and miscellaneous therapies for non-cancer indications as ordered by the patient’s provider and in accordance with Shaw Cancer Center’s safety standards. Our Infusion RNs perform hands-on nursing skills, including but not limited to: sterile port access, peripheral IV placement, therapeutic phlebotomy, central line care and maintenance, foley catheter insertion, subcutaneous and intramuscular medication administration.
Ideal candidates will have Infusion experience preferred as well as strong IV experience.ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for services.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statue.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information and assistance.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail Health and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of clinical experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by American Heart Association preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance