To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Perform diagnostic MRI and X-ray examinations while ensuring quality, efficiency, and continuity of patient care and image exam throughput and workflow.
- Performs all MRI examinations according to Vail Health protocols.
- Performs all radiographic examinations according to Vail Health protocols.
- Review each examination for technical accuracy, send completed examinations to radiologist, and communicate pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam order for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Reviews consistency of all demographic information including physician’s name and signature, patient’s name, and date.
- Maintain constructive collaborative communication with patients, patient's family, physicians, co-workers and other members of health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental standards, radiation protection standards, infection control standards, and universal precautions.
- Maintains working knowledge and use of the Vail Health HIS and PACS computer systems to ensure quality patient documentation.
- Monitor supply inventory and notify appropriate staff for ordering when stock is low. Keep exam and dressing rooms stocked and neat.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 1-2 years of previous MRI Tech experience preferred. Previous experience in healthcare required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) RT(R)(MR).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association Required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of all educational and clinical requirements to qualify for ARRT examination.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.