To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Medical Receptionists are typically the first point of contact for our patients as they enter our clinics. They are responsible for scheduling appointments, answering phones, greeting, checking-in/ checking-out patients and updating patient demographic information. This is a great role for someone looking to get into the healthcare field! Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, friendly and has great guest service skills. This position is for our Dillon Office.
This position has the ability to work four days per week, ten hours per shift OR five days per week, eight hours per shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Promptly answers incoming calls in a professional manner, transfers to appropriate person, takes message if required or provide assistance as applicable.
- Greets patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Updates patient registrations when appropriate.
- Obtains correct address information, telephone numbers and insurance information from the patient.
- Collects co-pay and any other money due from patient.
- Scans insurance cards and registrations.
- Assists with patient flow and keeping the office organized.
- Distributes faxes, mail, and courier bags as requested by the Office Manager.
- Assists in training newly hired employees, if requested by Office Manager.
- Completes other tasks and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Strong computer and typing proficiency.
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual Spanish / English proficiency highly preferred.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work a varied schedule.
- Ability to foster professional and productive relationships.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, HIPPA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts, moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.