Medical Oncology Physician
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Enjoy the mountain lifestyle in the beautiful Vail Valley with world class skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, camping, rafting, and more all at your doorstep!
Excellent compensation with relocation package available.
The Oncology & Hematology Physician functions as an integral healthcare provider, responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients of the Shaw Cancer Center. The Oncology & Hematology Physician will also collaborate with our multi-disciplinary teams to provide comprehensive care to our patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatments for patients.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Seeks timely and appropriate consultation for patients in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable state guidelines.
- Participates in the implementation of appropriate clinical trials and protocols, tumors board, chart rounds and accreditation processes (NAPBC, CoC)
- Uses available reports, medical records, and on-site observation to review and improve the quality of care delivered by team member.
- Utilizes metrics to measure, analyze and manage clinical performance in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Provides education to clinical care technicians, registered nurses, and other staff as needed including daily Huddles and NP oversight.
- Other duties may be required based on hospital specific requirements or needs, including E-Learning.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values
- Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 2 years of experience practicing Oncology and Hematology in a clinical setting, post fellowship preferred.
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License or Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty required.
- Board Eligible candidates will achieve Board Certification within 1 year of contract date
- Ability to obtain and maintain medical staff office credentialing and privileges required
Computer / Typing:
- Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Medical doctor
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.