To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location).
- Performs corrective and preventative work on buildings and grounds.
- Uses a work order system to track and maintain building work requests.
- Performs moderately complex pluming, carpentry, grounds maintenance, and electrical tasks.
- Assists with basic HVAC and building automation functions.
- Moves equipment, furniture, and facilities supplies in-between properties.
- Maintains and operates the fire suppression and detection systems.
- Assist with generator test on off hours.
- Preform life safety and environment of care rounds.
- Ensures all safety protocols are followed in respective work areas.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Three years of previous maintenance experience is required, including reading blueprints and schematics, and using meters and test equipment. Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Must have valid State of Colorado Driver's license and ability to pass VVMC’s Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.