Lead Sterile Processing Technician
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus Available! This position is eligible for any ongoing Surgical Services staff bonuses.
Pay Range: Min: $22.56 Max: $33.84. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Under direct or indirect supervision follows the approved infection control and sterile processing policies and procedures. Directs day to day operations, facilitates priorities, collects, cleans, sorts, decontaminates, checks for functionally, assembles, and restocks surgical instrumentation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs cleaning and sterilization techniques based on established standards of practice.
- Keeps all instruments sets clean, complete, functioning correctly, and sterile.
- Monitors shift to assure all Sterile Processing standard procedures are done correctly.
- Acquires, uses, and manages information and staff to establish priorities for effective time and resource utilization to achieve established objectives.
- Demonstrates careful, efficient use of supplies and linen to facilitate quality care and cost efficiency.
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork between staff and departments.
- Seeks additional educational opportunities and shares knowledge by serving as a preceptor or role model to new employees.
- Documents sterile processes in log books. Ensures accuracy of all documentation related to SPD.
- Communicate with all customers at a high level, anticipate needs, and resolve opportunities quickly and efficiently.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Two years of Sterile Processing experience and experience with Joint Commission requirements required.
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by the Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA) or Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.