Lead Radiation Therapist- Full Time
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Provides radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by the physician according to established policies and procedures, standards,
and practices. Acts as a lead for the Radiation Therapy team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Delivers a prescribed and planned course of radiation therapy to patients, answers patient questions, and explains procedures.
- Oversees other personnel by training, allocating, and monitoring work.
- Establishes work schedules, sets priorities, evaluates work performance, and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Checks films for all treated areas and shows these to the physician.
- Changes therapy as ordered.
- Reinforces recommendations given to patients by the physician, nurse, dietitian, etc., concerning the reaction to treatment and
care of the radiated area, and prevention or treatment of generalized and local side effects
- Assists in tumor localization and dosimetry procedures.
- Interfaces with the physicist, dosimetrist, and other pertinent staff at initiation of treatment. Consults with supportive care staff to
provide high quality patient care.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, professional affiliations, current
literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Prepares rooms and equipment for patients, stocks rooms with linens and supplies, and orders as needed.
- Implements and maintains established department, unit, and hospital policies and procedures, and objectives, quality assurance,
safety, environmental standards, and infection control policies
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and
efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and
level of the job.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum Two years of experience as a Radiation Therapist required. 4-6 years experience preferred.
- TrueBeam and Aria experience preferred.
- Detail oriented and proactive in navigating patients’ courses of treatment.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) with Radiation Therapy (T) specialty required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading writing and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance