Lead Patient Access Representative
Pay Range: Min: $19.86 Mid: $24.83. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
- Acts as charge person in manager absence for sick calls, patient complaints, and employee errors.
- Completes scheduling for Patient Representatives, conducts daily morning huddles and assists with monthly meeting agenda.
- Runs metric reports weekly and monthly to assist leadership monitor non-clinical team productivity and performance.
- Helps Educator to train and mentor new staff once core training has been completed, including in the moment accountability conversation for non-compliance with representative expectations.
- Assists Management with special projects such as the development of policies and procedures for patient information, office management, patient flow, patient registration and patient check-in processes. Performs process quality assurance and process improvement activities.
- Monitors Howard Head Sports Medicine Phone tree dashboard and follow-throughs with appropriate actions to maintain maximum productivity for phone calls.
- Actively participates as a collaborative member of the department team by communicating constructively, identifying non-clinical and interdepartmental problems, and resolving conflicts appropriately.
- Delivers excellent customer service, obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor, collects patient liability and carries out all departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and appearance and is accountable for actions and outcomes. Has the ability to give and receive peer review and feedback and incorporates this into his or her work.
- Must be able to work in other Howard Head locations.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 2 years of previous experience in healthcare, patient access, customer service required.
- Previous experience with management/ supervision preferred.
- Previous experience with Cerner and Therapy Source preferred.
- N / A
- N / A
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate superior patient relations and interpersonal skills; demonstrates an appropriate level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with staff, patients and general public, using tact, sensitivity and sound judgement; promotes a positive work environment and contributes to the overall team efforts of the department and organization.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.