IT Security Analyst
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor VH's Information Security program, including threat detection and prevention and patch management oversight. Provide information security education, and awareness to staff. Participate in security audits and implement technical controls to mitigate or remediate discovered vulnerabilities and risks across the entire enterprise.
- Act as primary Cerner user account administrator. Help define and continually reassess roles and permissions within the EMR. Use available tools and reports to identify inappropriate usage. Implement controls to mitigate risks to all PHI.
- Develop and maintain a unified identity management platform across multiple platforms to include on-boarding, role transitions, off-boarding, and remote access controls while using a variety of technologies such as SSO, LDAP, SAML and RBAC to provide a better user experience while improving VH’s security posture.
- Work with Information Security Officer and CIO to provide metrics for measuring Information Security program success.
- Provide and maintain system documentation and procedures for IT applications.
- Work with vendors for timely resolution of software/hardware issues.
- Communicate with customers in a prompt, courteous, professional manner, including timely feedback.
- Evaluate problems in a timely manner and collect all information required to solve the problem. Analyze systems issues to identify opportunities for problem prevention.
- Communicate and collaborate appropriately with local and/or remote support staff to develop problem solutions and opportunities for proactive problem avoidance.
- Ability to take calls as scheduled to meet around-the-clock needs of system uses.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Three years of experience in healthcare information security preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Network Hardware Configuration, Network Protocols, Information Security requirements for healthcare, and policy creation required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cerner Millenium and McKesson products preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Previous experience supporting Windows servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems preferred.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.