IT Construction Coordinator
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
This role coordinates construction related IT systems quality assurance and quality control during pre-construction and construction. For pre-construction support, this role will review drawings, and specifications and ensure the proper integration of IT based on Vail Health’s standards and preferred vendors. During construction, this role will oversee the execution of construction tasks as they relate to IT systems including ensuring the risk management of existing systems and the proper implementation and buildout of new systems. This role will coordinate the IT strategic master plan with the IT and construction department and ensure it is implemented into capital construction projects. They have overall responsibility for ensuring users’ IT needs are met with equipment delivery, deployment, and training to the utmost customer satisfaction. Performs with little supervision and works to be recognized by peers in the industry as an authority and requires very few external support options to complete assigned tasks.
- Works directly with the Construction Team to provide input to IT systems as it relates to construction planning and system design. From a construction project perspective, reviews all IT related systems and provides feedback to ensure each system is designed to meet current IT best practices with input from IT leadership.
- Coordinates IT budgets with inputs from IT leadership and develops project funding requests as needed. Identifies any gaps in budgeting and escalates issues to Construction team leadership.
- Reviews construction contract documents, submittals, and medical equipment to ensure that all IT related risks are managed and the correct system specifications and scopes of work are defined that meet minimum organizational standards.
- Develops IT equipment lists for projects and tracks the timely order, delivery and install of equipment to ensure project timelines and budgets are executed.
- During construction execution, provides on site support and quality assurance/quality control, and subcontractor coordination over IT related systems installation and implementation, including participating in punch walks and ensuring proper system integration. Follows up with the Construction team leadership and/or the General Contractor to correct issues as they are identified.
- Escalates identified issues to IT and Construction department leadership for resolution.
- Performs risk management for construction related tasking by creating and tracking Methods of Procedures (MOPs) as they relate to IT related system impacts.
- Upon closeout of construction projects, provide an overview of the IT systems to the IT operations team including a list of devices and O&Ms to reference.
- Supports on site work during normal hours, and from time to time supports off-hour work as needed.
- Role models the principles of Just Culture. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years user support IT experience with low voltage systems required
- 5 years commercial IT experience required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.