Inventory Specialist II
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Available!
Stocking Pyxis machines/satellite storage located in OR areas Generates and receives orders for OR Supply Areas as defined. Pulls supplies for OR cases. Provides in depth knowledge of ORCORE supplies as it relates to case and physician preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stock Pyxis machines/Core Bins/OR Suites and others areas as defined.
- Generates restock using the MSCM --PAR FORM/HAND HELD devices and MSSS requisitioning module.
- Monitors stock for non -typical use/surges based on case scheduling. Collaborates with the OR Materials coordinator/Scheduler regarding schedule changes and supply needs above standard set PARS.
- Pulls soft goods/supplies for OR cases accurately using Cerner/Amkai generated case cart pref. list. Processes add-on cases on a demand basis.
- Restocks supply returns post case.
- By request, obtains and delivers additional supplies during OR cases. Act as subject matter expert on physician preference for surgery supplies.
- Conducts cycle counts as needed/required and assists in physical inventories in the OR twice a year.
- Assists clinical staff with non-assigned duties where needed.
- Maintains neat and orderly supply storage areas in the OR. Assist with OR Core planning and design based on process improvement and 5S principles
- Notifies Buyers/OR-MM of any stock outages or changes in usage in supply areas assigned.
- Has thorough knowledge of Tissue Management System and inventory tracking working as liaison to clinical staff.
- Assists in product recalls for the OR and as needed in hospital.
- Updates Surgical Schedule (PM Rep OR only) in Smart Sheet.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 1 year supply chain as it relates to a surgical environment required. 3 years hospital experience preferred.
- Current, valid driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria required.
- Must abide by the hospital’s active insurance company driver requirements per policy.
- Certified Materials & Resources Professional (CMRP) preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- McKesson MSCM systems knowledge preferred, to include MS Office Suite. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.