Inventory Specialist I
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$2,500 Sign- On Bonus Available!
Responsible for receiving, distributing, restocking, cycle-counting, and additional primary and secondary Supply Chain tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive incoming freight and put away accordingly. Scan packing slips to PO.
- Responsible for Pyxis and Warehouse restock, inventory, and cycle-count.
- Transport supplies to appropriate location at VVMC and VVSC
- Audit and verify transactions while informing supervisor of exceptions.
- Rotate stock as prescribed and monitor for expired items.
- Communicate methods for improvement of daily activities and complete a daily task sheet as it pertains to the area of work.
- Clean Materials Management common areas of trash and organize department after daily operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Required to lift up to 50lbs
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Three years of inventory/warehouse experience preferred.
- Current, valid driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria required.
- Must abide by the hospital’s active insurance company driver requirements per policy.
Computer / Typing:
- Microsoft Office knowledge preferred. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.