Insurance Billing Specialist
Daily monitoring of Vail Health Clinic billing queues and ensuring all manual and automated billing and reporting needs are managed per billing and reporting compliance.
- Review and investigate missing documentation in the work queue within the required time frame and communicate directly with providers.
- Obtain Evoke and BioTel reports for billing purposes, enter charges, and upload into Cerner.
- Monitors Provider dashboards for volume discrepancies between clinic volumes via outreach EMR systems (Athena, etc.)
- Audit outreach clinic schedules and bill for clinic encounters as needed.
- Batch scan all clinic documents generated through Cardiology and Surgical Associates.
- On an as needed basis will assist and back-up Patient Rep and Surgery Scheduler positions.
- Respond to Customer Service inquiries within 48 hours of request.
- Model the principles of “Just Culture”.
- Compliant with HIPAA, The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies as required.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 2 years of related experience required
- Previous healthcare experience required
- Prior Hospital or physician billing experience strongly preferred
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.