Insurance Billing and Follow Up Specialist I
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
1. Accurately prepare and submit claims in the work queue within the required time frame after billing information is available.
2. Follow up on insurance claims daily utilizing methods appropriate to specific payers and not less than once per 21 days.
3. Maintain current work files per established productivity standards.
4. Review and process incoming mail daily.
5. Monitor accounts not paid.
6. Communicate and collaborate for account resolution.
7. Follow all applicable payer, regulatory, legal guidelines for billing compliance.
8. Expedite resolution for denied and rejected claims.
9. Participate in and contribute to department process improvement activities.
10. Cross train in other Patient Accounting areas including customer service and cash posting for the efficiency of the department.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of health care billing or insurance experience preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft products. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills
necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies,
complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.