Human Resource Specialist
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The HR Specialist will support the HR team by providing comprehensive support to employees and leaders on processes, HR transactions, and overall employee experience. This role will also support other HR initiatives.
- Provide administrative support as required to support various HR programs processes and transactions; including, but not limited to new hires, promotions, transfers, leave of absence, terminations and payroll transactions.
- Support Talent Acquisition team with administrative duties relating to recruiting, internal and external departmental reporting/transfer processes, contract and travel associates and new employee onboarding.
- Enter data on behalf of the TA team into recruitment systems
- Assist with facilitation of new hire orientation by preparing new hire packets, assisting with setup, processing employee badges and entering new hires/travelers into the HR payroll system.
- Provides impeccable customer service to external and internal employees and new hires.
- Provides coverage for business office functions, as needed.
- Partner with Talent Development to execute employee recognition and employee events.
- Partners with HR Technology with system design, testing, stability and enhancement of applicant tracking and onboarding systems.
- Engages in project work to support HR organizational initiatives.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 1 years of human resources, recruitment or relevant experience required.
- 1 year experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications and applicant tracking systems preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Bachelors Degree
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.