Human Resource Coordinator
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Provides excellent customer service as the first point of contact in the department. Answers general questions about employee benefits, organization policies and programs, hospital resources and documents when applicable.
- Provides assistance to the department by fulfilling requests and tasks given by department personnel, assists with projects and audits.
- Enters all necessary data into the Human Resource Information System. Communicates and follows up with managerial staff if needed.
- Maintains personnel files by filing all necessary documents, and reports all new hire information to the state.
- Prepares, gathers and assembles required documents for employee on-boarding.
- Assists with updating of position descriptions through the various HR systems.
- Assists with the processing of tuition reimbursement and education reimbursement programs.
- Assists with the several employee events, Rewards and Recognition programs and processing of budget allocation for these programs to each department.
- Provides employment verification information within policy guidelines.
- Manages office inventory and places orders for office supplies and business cards.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 1 year of customer service required.
- Human Resources experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Able to multitask under minimal supervision.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred
- Experience with Excel preferred.
- Proficiency in Kronos and Microsoft Office applications. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.