To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Available + monthly housing stipend paid.
Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location).
Responsible for keeping Vail Health facilities clean, sanitary, and well-maintained within federal, state, and local health codes and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the appearance and cleaning of the hospital interior. Clean and service units, walls, rooms, baths, lavatories, and offices of Vail Health facilities.
- Specific functions include: vacuum, clean and mop floors, dust furniture and equipment, replenish soap and paper product supplies, polish and clean doors, windows, vents, gaps, and lights.
- Take note of needed repairs and report them to the Lead Housekeeper.
- Responsible for the use, care, organization, and maintenance of housekeeping equipment and supplies.
- Assist with linen deliveries to assigned areas.
- Assist with laundry when needed.
- Complete daily checklist and turn it in to the Housekeeping office.
- Work as a team within the department and with other hospital staff.
- Role model the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of housekeeping experience preferred. Previous experience with floor cleaning equipment and in a healthcare setting preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.