Facilities Project Specialist
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Under the direction of the Manager, Construction Projects and in conjunction with the facilities department staff, the facilities project specialist is responsible for assisting with the planning, coordination and completion of facility projects which may cross several function areas. Ensures project alignment with organizational and regulatory agencies.
- Execute departmental office and equipment relocations. Provide oversight and assembly of furniture fixtures with vendors and subcontractors as needed. Maintain and track owner furniture stock
- Perform coordination and oversight of projects with the vendors and subcontractors as need, including obtaining signoff from all required functional departments.
- Support scheduling project functions, communicating to staff, and providing support as needed to meet timeline requirements for job execution.
- Review furniture-fixtures and equipment design documents and architectural drawings for comment and execution as needed via direction from department leadership.
- Confer with facilities management to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and project problems as needed.
- Provide oversight of MOP (Method of Procedures) with vendors and subcontractors as needed.
- Coordinate infection control needs of projects-based activities. Work with infection prevention to develop mitigation strategies and ensures proper signoff/execution.
- Displays and promotes professional, courteous and cooperative interaction with hospital staff, patients, families, physicians and leadership in meeting hospital needs and promoting teamwork.
- Practices timely, efficient and cost-effective coordination of all aspects of construction as evidenced by consistently offers assistance to coworkers and changes priorities as needs change.
- Follows all applicable policy management around safety in daily activities, including using good body mechanics, promoting safety culture, and knowing fire and disaster plan procedures.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
- 2 years facility engineering/maintenance experience required; health care setting preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and diagrams. Knowledge of use of meters and test equipment
- Must have good communication skills and a strong attention to details.
- Must have the ability to observe a problem, investigate it and follow-up with a solution.
Current Valid Driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.