To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Pay Range: Min: $22.56 Max: $33.84. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Responsible for supervising exercise therapy, instructing patients in safe exercise procedures, educating and counseling patients about risk factor modification, conducting comprehensive fitness assessments, and ensuring calibration and maintenance of exercise equipment according to industry standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes and assesses patient throughout each session and implementation of prescribed exercise, understanding implications of EKG being monitored by RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to age of patient.
- Collaborates with department, patient, family members and other healthcare professionals in planning and delivering care and education.
- Demonstrates leadership through professional communication with physicians, nursing judgment, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Documents and communicates patient response to care plan, interventions and outcomes, taking action if outcomes not met. Particularly responsible for prescribing and making adjustments in exercise plan based on ACSM/AACVPR guidelines.
- Collects, processes, distributes and communicates all registration information and procedural information necessary for patient enrollment in program as part.
- Assists in reporting and data keeping as assigned by supervisor based on requests by the organization.
- Continually accepts responsibility for assignments, small or large, to work as a team and ensure smooth functioning of the program.
- As applicable: participates in cancer center tumor boards, weekly chart round meetings for medical oncology/radiation oncology, and other professional activities.
- As applicable: functions as a resource from the Fit for Survival program to other health care professionals at the Shaw Cancer Center and throughout the community, including organizing and participating in survivorship events.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 2-3 years of experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Clinical Certification required.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.