To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Perform adult and pediatric echocardiograms (2D, M-Mode, and Doppler). Also perform cardiac stress testing, Echo stress, Dobutamine Echo stress, Nuclear stress, and GXT.
- Performs adult, pediatric, and infant echocardiography exams (2D, M-Mode, and Doppler).
- Performs all forms of cardiac stress testing: Echo stress, Dobutamine Echo stress, Nuclear stress testing, and GXT, including pre-exercise evaluation, reviewing documentation, and post-exercise visualization of all pertinent myocardial structures.
- Assists the cardiologist with Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE).
- Sets up and educates patients for all cardiac monitoring exams.
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, present completed examinations to appropriate physician, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam order for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Reviews consistency of all demographic information including physician’s name and signature, patient’s name, and date.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patient, families, physicians, co-workers, and other members of healthcare team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental standards, infection control standards, and universal precautions.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of all educational and clinical requirements to qualify for RCS or RDCS examination.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.