Dosimetrist - PRN
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Provides full dosimetry services in conjunction with and under direction of the Physicist including preparing external beam and brachytherapy treatment plans.
- Identify radiation safety potential hazards such as patient pregnancy or fertility status, implanted devices—including electronics, missing organs, and previous radiation treatments.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images from one or more data sets, including the use of segmentation systems. Proficient and responsible for image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI and PET.
- Design treatment plans, external and brachytherapy, by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam parameters to deliver radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the radiation oncologist's prescription.
- Import and Export reference images and localization systems for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs, CBCTs and other IGRT methods, as specified.
- Perform or assist in the planning and implementation of the production of custom bolus, molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Communicate with the radiation therapist(s) and assume an advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment or imaging parameters.
- Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record, and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations by an approved method.
- Accurately and responsibly capture CPT codes appropriate to the planning done.
- Provide and export treatment records, including digital format, to outside institutions per departmental practice.
- Request, import, and implement outside institution treatment records, including digital format, for use by the radiation oncologist and medical physicist, including dose deformation onto Shaw CT dataset.
- Participate in clinical research, including the export of required data to research consortiums.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Five years of experience in Dosimetry required.
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance