To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
- Maintain high levels of sanitation in all practices as stated in state and local health manuals, including washing and storage of patient/ cafeteria dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and carts.
- Records the temperature of the dish machine before washing breakfast, lunch, and dinner patient dishes. Notifies supervisor if the machine is not reaching the appropriate temperatures.
- Delivers and picks up the patient food carts from OB, PCU1, PCU2 and other areas as assigned.
- Stocks all utensils and trays for patient/ cafeteria areas. Makes sure the areas always have the needed utensils.
- Responsible for keeping kitchen trashcans emptied and filling the soap and paper towel dispensers by all sinks.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed will read the meeting minutes found in the kitchen office.
- Work as a team with other diet aides to make sure all patient or staff needs are met and all work is complete.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
One year hospital setting experience preferred.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.