Director of Primary Care and Population Health Services (On-Site)
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Director of Population Health Management and Primary Care Services will provide leadership for the growth, coordination, and development of our primary care services. They will provide administrative and operational oversight. The primary focus of those responsibilities include, but is not limited to, day-to-day operations, communication and ongoing quality monitoring to ensure service and patient care standards are achieved.
In addition, the Director of Population Health Management and Primary Care Services will lead the planning, directing and overall operations of the population health care management vision. They will effectively collaborate with the population health team, members of Senior Management, Vail Health and other community stakeholders to develop and support sustainable population health initiatives.
- Responsible for the oversite, strategic planning, and monitoring of primary care clinic operations.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
- Assists with recruitment and onboarding of primary care physicians.
- Manages clinic policies, procedures, operations, workflows, and communication efforts.
- Initiates and supports process improvement activities that enhance the provision of clinical services, improve clinical outcomes and increase patient satisfaction.
- Builds and supports effective relationships with and between clinical support staff, primary care physicians, advance practice providers and patients to assure the delivery of safe and high quality patient care.
- Responsible for resolution of patient concerns, complaints and/or problems.
- Participates in community engagement and marketing initiatives.
- Establishes objectives and benchmarks to evaluate operational success and prepares, analyzes, and evaluates reports to inform senior leadership of status and progress towards goals.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel.
- Ensures that all population health care management functions are performed accurately and efficiently.
- Manages the ongoing analysis, development and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall effectiveness of population health care management processes.
- Lead the design and implementation of population health strategies aimed to improve health outcomes, reduce health care spend and improve quality and the patient experience.
- Oversees the development of tools and training for care teams to identify and resolve preventive and chronic disease care gaps for panels of patients.
- Enhances and standardizes our clinical outreach approach for identified populations using a health equity lens.
- Participates in weekly senior management meetings, providing updates as applicable.
- Participates in interdepartmental meetings to assure smooth workflow across departments.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of space planning construction or other large scale special projects.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse, Bachelors Degree in business or other health related field required.
- 3 + years of medical office/practice management experience preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Understanding of primary care medical clinic operations, compliance, and quality requirements related to provision of health care services preferred.
- 3+ years of related population health experience preferred with majority of that time being in a leadership role within a matrixed organization and complex working environment.
- Experience leading teams within population health strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office and electronic medical record (EMR) systems. Prior experience using Allscripts preferred.
- Ability to foster professional and productive relationships.
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of specialty physician services.
- Thorough understanding of regulations related to HIPAA.
- Ability to effectively use and adapt to healthcare software and computer systems.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize work with minimal direction and oversight.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Experience supervising others.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance