Pay Range: Min: $27.11 Max: $40.67. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Pay Range: Min: $16 Max: $22.90. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Responsible for nutrition care and assuring optimal quality nutrition for outpatients at Shaw Cancer Center. Provides wellness/community education programs as requested and maintains current programs. Acts as a liaison for the Food Service & Nutrition Services Departments. Develop, manage, and collaborate in wellness/survivorship programming. Participates in quality improvement projects for department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows policies and standards of care relating to initial assessments, calorie counts, enteral and parenteral feedings, follow-ups, consults, prioritizing patients’ level of care, reviews/ revises data as appropriate and documents accurately.
- Provides timely and cost effective coordination of all aspects of nutrition care as evidenced by cost accountability (entering charges and stats), consistently offers assistance to co-workers and changes priorities as patients’ needs change.
- Maintains constructive, collaborative and accountable communication with patients, families, physicians, coworkers, and other members of the health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Responsible for entering/recording daily charges/activities (IP, OP and other stats), retrieving voice mail, email, pages and scheduling consults in a timely manner.
- Participates/assists with quality improvement programs as assigned or required by the Joint Commission, such as meal rounds/test trays; evaluates problem areas and provides suggestions for changes.
- Is familiar with food production procedures and coordinates special menu requests with existing procedures, workload and available products.
- Provides in-service training for support staff, co-workers, department, etc. annually.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- At least one year experience in clinical nutrition preferred (covering all areas of patient care and age groups identified below).
- Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Certified specialist in Oncology Nutrition preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Masters degree preferred.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.