To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Available!
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Responsible for communicating the daily menu to all patients and taking menu orders from patients. Actively involved in the preparation and delivery of food to patients and hospital staff. Responsible for printing diet worksheets and maintaining knowledge of special diets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take patient orders via phone for processing. Provide the patient dietary restriction information, and the cook information for tray preparation.
- Prepare patient beverages, set up the patient tray according to diet specifications, and deliver trays in a timely manner.
- Maintain food and beverages at proper temperatures and rotate all products according to schedule. Record the temperature of the patient refrigerator every shift.
- Serve customers and staff in VVMC’s Assist with cashier duties and food preparation/cooking as needed.
- Maintain high level of sanitation in all practices as stated in federal state and local health manuals.
- Stock the diet aide work area as needed.
- Fill floor stock orders for all departments.
- Work as a team with other nutrition services staff to ensure all patient and staff needs are met and all work is complete.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed, contact supervisor for review of information and complete quizzes if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of food service in a hospital setting preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.