Pay Range: Min: $40.88 Mid: $51.10. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
The SQL Database Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Vail Health’s database environment. This position will support Vail Health’s current on-premise SQL Server Environment as well as SQL Server Instances in Microsoft Azure.
This position is available as a remote position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform SQL server software installation, upgrades, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Design resilient, scalable database system architecture that facilitates company goals and deliverables
- Apply industry standards and best practices to the Vail Health Data environment
- Work collaboratively with Vail Health staff, vendors, and others representing the Data, Analytics, and Reporting Team on system implementations, maintenance, and production support.
- Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, management, business leaders
- Contribute to data repository with data definitions, relationships, links, and sources
- Document all processes, implementations, architecture, security, and maintenance practices on an ongoing basis
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Required Minimum Experience:
- 4+ years working with relational Databases in a production environment
- 4+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years experience with Visual Studio/SSIS
- 3+ years experience architecting complex data solutions + systems
Required Minimum Skills:
- Experience delivering high quality, high traffic, scalable database objects
- Expertise in SQL server design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to simplify complex concepts for technical and non-technical audience
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn, acquire and utilize new technologies, disciplines and frameworks as needed
- Technical expertise in the areas of data profiling, data mining and data analytics
- Technical expertise building reliable data ETL/ELT processes, query optimization and dynamic SQL
- Understanding of SFTP and network file transfer protocols
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field
- SQL Server and/or Azure cloud data certification a plus.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment a plus.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Must be comfortable working with various software programs and be proficient with MS Office suite.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Management, Statistics or a comparable field of
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.