Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
The primary responsibility of the Team Lead is to provide support and/or assistance to the Manager/Supervisor and team, while maintaining productivity of duties assigned. This job requires the Team Lead to work independently, make good decisions strategically. Communicate changes to ensure patient satisfaction through resolution of complaints, responding to correspondence, and/or processing payments and refunds. Responsible for supervision of daily call traffic, processing of incoming calls, resolving escalated calls, dispatching supervisory calls, and assisting Customer Service Specialists with client related questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Resolve patient and insurance issues through taking phone calls, answering voicemails, taking action on all correspondence, and working with walk-in patients.
- Manages daily call traffic flow and makes adjustments to phone coverage based on call traffic patterns to ensure 95% of calls presented to individual Customer Service Representative and Customer Service Call Center queue are handled. Assists in handling escalated client related concerns/questions. Delegates escalated calls to Manager/Director of PFS as appropriate.
- Provides training and support to all Customer Service Specialist Representatives with oversight from PFS Management.
- Verify patient account balances, take payments and applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts in the various computer systems. Reconciles daily cash collections made through Customer Service.
- Triage then communicate and collaborate with team members for account resolution.
- May be required to process mail and patient refunds, as well as perform cash posting, billing, and patient follow-up.
- Monitors and provides data to Management regarding quality and productivity of Customer Service Specialist calls for quality and training purposes. Monitors and provides data to Management regarding quality and quantity of Customer Service Specialist contacts for quality and training purposes, process improvement, and projects at both department and organization level.
- Enters confidential personal health information and financial information into computerized system with a high rate of accuracy.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant, the Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.