Performs diagnostic CT and radiographic examinations, ensures image quality, patient safety, radiation safety, and patient and physician satisfaction.
- Performs all CT examinations according to Vail Health protocols.
- Performs all Radiographic examinations according to Vail Health protocols.
- Review each examination for technical accuracy, send completed examinations to radiologist, and communicate pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and orders when stock is low. Keeps the exam room stocked and neat.
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam order for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Reviews consistency of all demographic information including physician’s name and signature, patient’s name, and date.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, and other members of health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental standards, radiation protection standards, infection control standards, and universal precautions.
- Maintains working knowledge and use of the Vail Health HIS and PACS computer systems to ensure quality patient documentation.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of experience preferred, experience in a healthcare setting required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) RT(R)(CT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of all educational and clinical requirements to qualify for ARRT examination.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.