To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
- Prepare food appropriately according to patient requirements and cafe recipes. Use appropriate serving sizes when serving in the cafe and for patients.
- Maintain high level of sanitation in all practices as stated in federal, state, and local health department manuals.
- Assist the manager in placing food orders, and help put away orders when they arrive. Rotates, labels, and dates all stock.
- Appropriately fill out the food temperature, taste, and appearance log for every food item prepared. Record the temperature of the refrigerators and freezers every shift.
- Promptly report all safety hazards and equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed, follow up with Executive Chef to review the material and take any required quizzes.
- Work as a team with other nutrition services staff to ensure all patient and staff needs are met and all work is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year hospital setting cook experience preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.