- Prepare food appropriately according to patient requirements and cafe recipes. Use appropriate serving sizes when serving in the cafe and for patients.
- Maintain high level of sanitation in all practices as stated in federal, state, and local health department manuals.
- Assist the manager in placing food orders, and help put away orders when they arrive. Rotates, labels, and dates all stock.
- Appropriately fill out the food temperature, taste, and appearance log for every food item prepared. Record the temperature of the refrigerators and freezers every shift.
- Promptly report all safety hazards and equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed, follow up with Executive Chef to review the material and take any required quizzes.
- Work as a team with other nutrition services staff to ensure all patient and staff needs are met and all work is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year hospital setting cook experience preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.