To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
About the opportunity:
Prepares meals for staff, customers, and internal catering events. Assists in creating menus and placing and receiving vendor orders.
What you will do:
- Prepare food appropriately according to patient requirements and café recipes. Use appropriate serving sizes when serving in the cafe and for patients.
- Maintain high level of sanitation in all practices as stated in federal, state, and local health department manuals.
- Assist the manager in placing food orders, and help put away orders when they arrive. Rotates, labels, and dates all stock.
- Appropriately fill out the food temperature, taste, and appearance log for every food item prepared. Record the temperature of the refrigerators and freezers every shift.
- Promptly report all safety hazards and equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed, follow up with Executive Chef to review the material and take any required quizzes.
- Work as a team with other nutrition services staff to ensure all patient and staff needs are met and all work is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year hospital setting cook experience preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance