Prepares meals for staff, customers, and internal catering events. Assists in creating menus and placing and receiving vendor orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare food appropriately according to patient requirements and cafe recipes. Use appropriate serving sizes when serving in the cafe and for patients.
- Maintain high level of sanitation in all practices as stated in federal, state, and local health department manuals.
- Assist the manager in placing food orders, and help put away orders when they arrive. Rotates, labels, and dates all stock.
- Appropriately fill out the food temperature, taste, and appearance log for every food item prepared. Record the temperature of the refrigerators and freezers every shift.
- Promptly report all safety hazards and equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed, follow up with Executive Chef to review the material and take any required quizzes.
- Work as a team with other nutrition services staff to ensure all patient and staff needs are met and all work is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year hospital setting cook experience preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.