Community Outreach & Events Coordinator
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Pay Range: Min: $ 25.34 Max: $38.02. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
The Community Outreach & Events Coordinator supports a wide range of community outreach activities and events for Vail Health’s Behavioral and Population Health Service Lines, along with supporting partnership collaborations. This position is also responsible for assisting with community engagement activities aimed at collecting community input to inform current programming. This role will work extensively throughout the community in all weather conditions, requiring early mornings, nights and weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent Vail Health and Eagle Valley Behavioral Health at 30+ community event activations in Eagle County, Summit County and other regions, including some evenings and weekends. Bring a positive attitude and knowledge of EVBH services and initiatives to every setting.
- Manage EVBH events and promotional materials by coordinating with the marketing team, inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt, storing, and retrieving.
- Create social media posts on EVBH social media pages (both English and Spanish) to promote awareness and demonstrate outreach efforts. Take photos of events and post on social media channels and websites.
- In collaboration with the Community Outreach and Events Manager, maintains a master calendar of events for both EVBH and community partners.
- Support the coordination of partnership collaborations and event sponsorships such as Speak Up Reach Out, My Future Pathways, VRD, Mountain Youth and more.
- Maintain stock of EVBH collateral material across the valley.
- Support or lead focus groups facilitation and coordination to gather community input.
- Support the Community Outreach and Marketing Manager with Vail Health’s Behavioral and Population Health Events logistics and coordination.
- Support outreach and engagement efforts for various target populations (Hispanic community, business community, hospitality industry, etc.) to bring awareness of Behavioral Health and Population Health initiatives, including conducting community presentations, meeting with partner agencies, roadshows, presentations to local businesses, among others.
- Supports the Marketing team and the Community Outreach & Events Manager in ensuring equitable marketing practices, reviewing cultural relevancy of marketing materials and aiding in coordination of translation/transcreation needs.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Bilingual Required, Strong written and spoken fluency in both English and Spanish
- Outgoing, friendly, and hard-working
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy items frequently, set up event tents and operate in adverse conditions including wind, rain, snow and cold
- Flexible in work schedule for early morning, evening and weekend events
- Detail-oriented w/ project management experience
- Results-oriented and accountable for completing tasks on time
- Able to demonstrate an appreciation and understanding for the specific skills of marketing and community outreach, including the importance of the internet, social media and all the other means of digital communication, advertising, public relations and branding
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in healthcare, business, marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Current Valid Driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria required.
- No certifications required
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading writing and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.