Perform adult and pediatric echocardiograms (2D, M-Mode, and Doppler). Also perform cardiac stress testing, Echo stress, Dobutamine Echo stress, Nuclear stress, and GXT.
- Performs adult, pediatric, and infant echocardiography exams (2D, M-Mode, and Doppler).
- Performs all forms of cardiac stress testing: Echo stress, Dobutamine Echo stress, Nuclear stress testing, and GXT, including pre-exercise evaluation, reviewing documentation, and post-exercise visualization of all pertinent myocardial structures.
- Assists the cardiologist with Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE).
- Sets up and educates patients for all cardiac monitoring exams.
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, present completed examinations to appropriate physician, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam order for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Reviews consistency of all demographic information including physician’s name and signature, patient’s name, and date.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patient, families, physicians, co-workers, and other members of healthcare team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental standards, infection control standards, and universal precautions.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of all educational and clinical requirements to qualify for RCS or RDCS examination.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.