To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Pay Range: Min: $36.77 Max: $55.16. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
- Consults in the analysis of requested enhancements to the EMR impacting single or multiple departments
throughout the enterprise.
- Assists in the facilitation of enhancement requests and the translation/oversight of AMS design/build process.
- Assists to conduct multidisciplinary feasibility assessments to identify potential areas of system improvements which includes analysis of the current practice and process, technical options and potential impact of solution options on workflow.
- First point of contact for daily operational issues within the EHR; provide diagnosis of application errors and troubleshooting of systems issues. Escalates complex issues as needed.
- Liaison to clinically focused committees, including multidisciplinary, nursing and provider section meetings.
- Assists with the design and implementation of educational and clinical services programs, support end-user training including onboarding of nursing and provider staff.
- Engages stakeholders to facilitate adoption of systems and processes; subject matter expert of solution roadmaps and optimization opportunities.
- Acquires data leading to improvements in business, process, financial outcomes, care delivery, patient safety and/or use and usability (Lights On, DA2, CCL reports, etc.)
- Assist with the translation of the impact of public-policy initiatives into informatics practice and configuration of system.
- Assume on-call duties for user support on a rotating schedule per established support framework.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- 1 year of clinical experience, demonstrated proficiency with EMR technology including HIE, HL&, FHIR, Systems Development Life Cycles related to projects/project management, training and supporting end-users in a healthcare environment, familiarity with chart reviews, workflows and processes, data analytics, knowledge of current and upcoming regulatory requirements, Lean or other process improvement concepts required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required
- Project management Profession (PMP) Certification and/or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Board Certification in Informatics is preferred
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading writing and speaking English.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Nursing, Computer Science or health related field preferred.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.