Clinical Educator ICU
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
To coordinate and provide education and training needs specific to the clinical systems. Responsible for needs assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of educational experiences for staff. Operates independently, acting as a consultant for clinical areas, directors, and managers as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs comprehensive assessment of clinical staff education needs.
- Develops clinical education programs based on the needs assessments.
- Implements educational programs based on the needs of clinical staff.
- Designs orientation programs for new employees.
- Implements orientation programs for new clinical employees.
- Periodically assesses effectiveness of implemented programs.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to develop educational materials and programs.
- Teaches required AHA certification courses.
- Responds to clinical staff requests, emails, questions, and requests.
- This position may require staffing the unit based on patient and staffing needs.
- Role models the principles of Just Culture, and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 4 years of professional nursing practice required
- 2 years of critical care experience required
- Teaching, mentoring, or leadership experience preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) certification required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.