Clinical Assistant - Internal Medicine
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$3,000 sign on bonus available!
Responsible for assisting providers with patient care, maintaining patient records and completing administrative duties that assist in the management of patient care.
- Obtains, monitors, and records vital signs, patient history, and invasive procedures; ensuring accuracy and proper documentation in the patient’s Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Fields patient phone calls promptly and in a professional manner.
- Assists providers and other clinical staff with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Prepares patient for scheduled procedures, including venipunctures, injections, and initiates intravenous therapy as necessary.
- Monitors medical condition of patient and report change to appropriate provider.
- Maintains patient documentation and communicates plan of care with provider including ordered diagnostics or therapeutic services.
- Ensures cleanliness, adequate stock of supplies and functioning equipment in examination rooms. Replaces supplies depleted on a daily basis. Cleans and sterilizes equipment and tools. Completes shift opening and closing procedures.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with applicable patient care and administrative duties preferred
- Ability to perform venipunctures, administer injections, and initiate intravenous therapy preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, medical equipment, HIPAA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations.
- One of the following is required:
- Medical Assistant:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association
- Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) by the American Medical Certification Association
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant by the National Association for Health Professionals
- State of Colorado Emergency Medical Technician license
- State of Colorado Licensed Practical Nurse or valid compact state license
- State of Colorado Certified Nurse Aide license
- Medical Assistant:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance