Clinical Assistant - Eagle Urgent Care
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$3,000 sign on bonus and housing assistance available!
The Clinical Assistant performs patient care and is often the first point-of-contact for the patient. This role is important in relaying information between the patient and the provider. We're looking for someone who is interested in helping us with our mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care in a safe, convenient and comfortable environment.
This full-time position will support our Eagle Urgent Care Team. They will primarily office out of Eagle but will be required to travel between Clinics n Eagle County (Edwards, Avon, Vail) based on business needs or which provider they are supporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, OSHA Rules and
Regulations, environmental and infection control standards.
- Obtains, monitors, and records vital signs, patient history, and invasive procedures;
ensuring accuracy and proper documentation in the patient's Electronic Health Record
- Fields patient phone calls promptly and in a professional manner.
- Assists providers and other clinical staff with examinations, procedures, and other
processes related to direct patient care.
- Prepares patient for scheduled procedures.
- Performs venipunctures, administers injections, and initiates intravenous therapy.
- Monitors medical condition of patient and report change to appropriate provider.
- Maintains patient documentation and communicates plan of care with provider.
- Arranges for provider ordered diagnostics or therapeutic services.
- Ensures cleanliness, adequate stock of supplies and functioning equipment in
examination rooms. Replaces supplies depleted on a daily basis.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment and tools.
- Completes shift opening and closing procedures.
- Assists all providers and other clinical staff as needed and assigned.
- Completes other tasks/duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Certified Nurse Aid, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Registered
Nurse licensing/certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Computer and typing proficiency.
- Ability to effectively organize resources, establish priorities and perform multiple tasks.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Displays strong verbal/written communication and organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, medical equipment, HIPAA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ability to arrive at work on timely basis when scheduled (at least 15 minutes prior to seeing patients) and to work a varied schedule.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.