Clinical Assistant - Clinical Support Services
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$3,000 sign on bonus available!
Responsible for assisting providers and clinical teams with patient care, maintaining patient records and completing administrative duties that assist in the management of patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fields patient phone calls and voicemails promptly and in a professional manner
- Addresses patient portal and electronic health record (EHR) messages through the drop box within an acceptable timeframe established by providers and leadership.
- Communicates with necessary provider or team member regarding patient questions and concerns.
- Receives patient refill requests and processes appropriately based on appropriate workflow based on qualifying factors for refill. If refill cannot be processed by the clinical assistant, the clinical assistant sends the request to the provider with necessary information to process the request.
- Manage provider’s patient portal messages, sort to appropriate dropbox within the EHR or address messages as needed.
- Closes loop with patient on requests, questions, results, or concerns.
- Ensures accuracy and proper documentation in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Communicate with clinical care team as needed.
- Completes other tasks and/or duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Registered Nurse licensing/certification or Certified Nurse Aid certification considered with at least 3 years of experience in patient care required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- 2 years experience with applicable patient care and administrative duties preferred.
- Electronic Health Record proficiency preferred
- Computer and typing proficiency.
- Ability to effectively organize resources, establish priorities and perform multiple tasks.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Displays strong verbal/written communication and organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, medical equipment, HIPAA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ability to arrive at work on timely basis when scheduled and to work a varied schedule.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Not Applicable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Seeing up close, long distances, color, and adjusting and focusing vision.
- Requires hearing to normal range.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.