Pay Range: Min: $24.60 Mid: $30.76. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Assist patients and families through spiritual support to deal with illness, hospitalization, and associated stress. Provide spiritual assessments and appropriate intervention. Assist Vail Health staff, physicians, and volunteers with spiritual support as they desire. Provide crisis intervention, spiritual assessments, and visit with patients, families and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assess patient and family spiritual needs, and assist patient and families in using their faith to help deal with illness, trauma, and stress.
- Initiate visits with patients and families by performing daily rounds as well as responding to special requests from patients, families and staff in order to address their spiritual and emotional needs. Support to be offered in various ways which recognize and respect the culture and religious perspective of the person receiving care.
- Provide care to all patients along with their families and staff at various Vail Health locations and sites as directed and appropriate.
- Support families and staff during time of patient death when appropriate and as able.
- Offer spiritual support to staff, physicians, and volunteers, as they desire.
- Respond to Trauma Activation and Code Blue calls, as able and appropriate.
- Serve on-call for trauma activations at the Vail Emergency Department for some off-hours when coverage is not provided by our On-call Volunteer Chaplains.
- Document patient and family services provided.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Previous experience in pastoral care in a health care setting preferred.
- Required to be ordained or endorsed by a recognized religious body.
- Completion of one unit of an approved Clinical Pastoral Education program preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Must be familiar with MS Office and using printer, fax machine, and pager.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- College, graduate or seminary training in theology, religious studies and/or pastoral care
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.